NEW YORK, May 30th, 2017| In response to the intransigence of the Moroccan authorities, their failure to knowledge the legitimacy of the demands of the Rif Movement, their rejection of any dialogue with the movement and the initiation of a massive campaign to arrest its activists, the The support committee of Rif movement in United states held a rally on Friday, May 26th, in front of the UN headquarters in New York. The participant denounced the Moroccan state irresponsible handling of the Rif Movement and its just and legitimate demands.
- We strongly condemn this barbaric intervention by the security forces against the peaceful demonstrators in the Rif region.
- We denounce the policy of repression, bullying, intimidation and detention of the grassroot activists
- We condemn all forms of restrictions on the right to protest
- We hold the Moroccan state responsible of what happens and of any further deterioration of the situation in the region.
- Our condemnation of the use of mosque platforms to undermine the legitimacy of grassroots movement.
- We support all the demands of the Rif Movement and urge an immediate response to it.
- We condemn the indiscriminate arrests of the movement leaders demand their immediate and unconditional release.
The support committee of Rif movement in United states will continue it’s campaign to inform the American media, political institutions and general public and to expose and to expose the Moroccan state repression of the Rif population and the detention the leaders of its peaceful protests.
The support committee of Rif movement in United states